OC Fischer Federal Building
San Angelo, Texas
The O.C. Fisher Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse in San Angelo, Texas was designed by James Knox Taylor in the early 1900s. A portion of the building was built in 1909 as the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse for San Angelo. It was later extended in 1932 to support increased postal demands and other agency services. The building exemplifies Renaissance Revival architecture and exhibits quality architectural craftsmanship through the detailing of both its primary and secondary elevations. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
As a part of our A/E Services contract with the GSA, PDG conducted a Building Condition Assessment Report outlining the existing conditions and made recommendations for repair and/or replacement of the exterior wood windows. Working in conjunction with the State and GSA Historic Preservation Offices and our historic preservation consultant, we developed an outline of the scope of work necessary to fully restore these windows; ranging from the replacement of major parts, replacement of wood trim, sill, sash and/or muntins to stripping of paint, filling and sealing of cracked wood, caulking and repainting and/or replacement of broken hardware, and new paint/stain.